“Susan Bradley successfully takes contemporary interior decoration to our balconies, patios and gardens with wit and beauty.” Wayne Hemmingway
Susan Bradley is a fresh British design talent. After an established career in the multi-media design industry, she has successfully turned her attention to 3-dimensional design. Since her design studio was established in 2004 Susan’s designs have won international acclaim being exhibited in London, Milan, Cologne, Rotterdam, Paris and Tokyo, and featuring in leading design, style, architecture and interiors media worldwide.
Susan creates original and innovative interior and exterior designs with a distinctive graphic quality. She is best known for her unique and award winning metal Outdoor Wallpaper and further collections of intricately cut metal designs. Used in interior and exterior spaces around the world, her designs are employed in both residential and contract situations. Her work encompasses metal wall art, furniture, interior and exterior accessories, products and lighting.
The studio is committed to excellence in design, innovation and quality and to promoting and using only British manufacturers.
Consultancy and Commissioning
In addition to her own design collections Susan provides a consultancy and commissioning service for both private and commercial clients, working with architects, interior designers and garden designers to create bespoke designs for a wide range on interior and exterior settings both in the UK and around the world.
Awards + Competitions
- Gift Of The Year, runner up, 2010
- Hidden Art Awards Winner, 2009. Best Product and Best Press Profile.
- Bright Ideas Award Winner, 2007
- DesignNation selection, March 2007
- 100% Design Bursary winner, 2006
- Arts Council Grant For The Arts, 2006
- Clerkenwell Green Association Award, 2006
- German Design Council ‘Inspired By Cologne’ international design competition 2006, finalist (for Outdoor Wallpaper)
- Elle Decoration Design Awards 2005, ‘Best Wall Covering’, finalist (for Outdoor Wallpaper)
- Design & Decoration Awards 2005, Winner. (for Outdoor Wallpaper)
- DKNY Design Showcase 2004, finalist
Who we work with
Her work has been employed in boutique hotels, bars, restaurants, luxury spas, cruise ships, residential developments, museums, garden spaces and retail environments, for clients including:
- Harvey Nichols
- Donna Karan New York
- Soho House
- Ritz Carlton Spa
- George Smith Furniture
- Christian Louboutin at Selfridges
- Urban Outfitters, Dallas, USA
- Top Shop Boutique
- Caesars Palace Hotel, Las Vegas
Our retail product commissions have included work for:
- Southbank Centre
- Yorkshire Sculpture Park
- Blenheim Palace
- National Maritime Museum Greenwich
See our Portfolio section for more details and images.
Lecturing / Mentoring / Speaking
- BA (hons) Design Crafts, OCVC / De Montford University
- BA (hons) Textiles and Surface Design, BCUC, High Wycombe
- BA (hons) Design Products, Leeds Beckett Universiry (formerly Leeds Met)
Professional Development Talks (graduates and business start ups):
- The Crafts Council, One Year On
- Design Event, Newcastle
- CIRIC (Creative Industries Research and Innovative Centre), Swansea Institute.
- Clerkenwell Green Association (now Craft Central) Evening talk for start up designers.
- Cockpit Arts 2008/2009 For the Mentoring Matters programme, Palmer Hamilton Partnership.
- Devising and running a 6 week design programme for the Arts Council Creative Partnerships,with Modern Art Oxford and Oxford Community School, 2008.
- Devising and running art and design workshops at a Milton Keynes school as part of a large art commission at the school. 2010/11
- Judging the Craft Central Bright Ideas Award 2008, alongside journalists and design and retail professionals.